<![CDATA[Tales of a Bookworm - Home]]>Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:58:38 -0700Weebly<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories: The Clown Statue]]>Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:46:41 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories-the-clown-statueSo-and-so's friend, a girl in her teens, is babysitting for a family in Newport Beach, Ca. The family is wealthy and has a very large house — you know the sort, with a ridiculous amount of rooms. Anyways, the parents are going out for a late dinner/movie. The father tells the babysitter that once the children are in bed she should go into this specific room (he doesn't really want her wandering around the house) and watch TV there.
The parents take off and soon she gets the kids into bed and goes to the room to watch TV. She tries watching TV, but she is disturbed by a clown statue in the corner of the room. She tries to ignore it for as long as possible, but it starts freaking her out so much that she can't handle it
She resorts to calling the father and asks, "Hey, the kids are in bed, but is it okay if I switch rooms? This clown statue is really creeping me out."
The father says seriously, "Get the kids, go next door and call 911."
She asks, "What's going on?"
He responds, "Just go next door and once you call the police, call me back."
She gets the kids, goes next door, and calls the police. When the police are on the way, she calls the father back and asks, "So, really, what's going on?"
He responds, "We don't HAVE a clown statue."

That was all for The Week of Ghost Stories. Thank you so much for following the stories and supporting my blog! I wish you all a spooky Halloween's Night!!!

<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories]]>Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:45:03 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories2“I can’t sleep,” she whispered, crawling into bed with me. I woke up cold, clutching the dress she was buried in.]]><![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories: The Wrong Parents]]>Fri, 30 Oct 2015 01:21:12 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories-the-wrong-parentsPicture
When I was little, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and go into my parents room and sleep next to my mom. One night when I was about 5 or 6, I had this really really vivid dream where I woke up scared, and went into my mom's room to sleep with her. When I went in, however, there were a set of parents on the bed, and a set of identical parents on the floor. I instinctively knew in my dream that I had to wake the right parents, because the wrong parents were evil. So I chose the parents on the floor. I distinctly remember thinking that the evil imposter parents would try to trick me, so I chose the parents on the floor. When I went over to the parents on the floor, they both opened their eyes, and where their eyeballs should have been, it was just bright glowing red light. That was when I actually woke up. Being a scared little kid, I of course went right into my parents room to sleep next to my mom.
There was a set of parents on the bed, and a set of parents on the floor.

<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories: Photographic Memories]]>Thu, 29 Oct 2015 01:18:14 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories-photographic-memoriesI grew up in New Mexico and was always very into the outdoors, hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc. One summer when I was 19 I went on a 4 day/3 night camping trip near my parents' house on my own. That might sound weird but I had been to this area many times and it was quite safe. Anyway I brought my camera and took lots of pictures. When I came back and developed my film, there were 3 extra pictures that I didn't take... of me... sleeping. One each night.
<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories: Blue-Faced Mommy]]>Tue, 27 Oct 2015 23:13:42 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories-blue-faced-mommyPicture
We bought a 50's bungalow a few years ago; the original owner had passed and we were the first people to live there since. My daughter's bedroom was on the far side of the house from mine, and was always colder than the rest of the house. We chalked it up to poor insulation in that room. Every night I would hear her talking to someone; just thought it was baby-sleep babbling. She was about 2 at the time. Then she started talking to someone in the daytime too. I asked her about it, she told me it was the "Blue faced mommy". The "mommy" wanted to play peek-a-boo with her all the time, and wouldn't leave her alone. She said she would wake her up in the night to play peek-a-boo.  I talked about it with one of the older ladies in the neighbourhood, who knew the original family. Apparently their oldest daughter had suffocated herself in the house after giving birth to a still-born child. I am certain that she was the "blue faced Mommy" my daughter was talking about. A friend told me she had read the best way to deal with lingering spirits was to politely ask them to leave. So one night, when my girl was woken up I went to her room and politely said "Please ma'am, your family has moved away, we need you to go now." And after that, nothing. I still get chills thinking about it.

<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories]]>Mon, 26 Oct 2015 23:52:54 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-stories1Picture
The crime begins when a business traveler goes to a lounge for a drink at the end of the day.
A person in the bar walks up as they sit alone and offers to buy them a drink. The last thing the traveler remembers until they wake up in a hotel room bath tub, their body submerged to their neck in ice, is sipping that drink. There is a note taped to the wall instructing them not to move and to call 911. A phone is on a small table next to the bathtub for them to call.
The business traveler calls 911 who have become quite familiar with this crime.
The business traveler is instructed by the 911 operator to very slowly and carefully reach behind them and feel if there is a tube protruding from their lower back. The business traveler finds the tube and answers, "Yes." The 911 operator tells them to remain still, having already sent paramedics to help. The operator knows that both of the business traveler's kidneys have been harvested.

<![CDATA[A Week of Ghost Stories]]>Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:16:19 GMThttp://talesofabookworm.weebly.com/home/a-week-of-ghost-storiesPicture
     Welcome to A Week of Ghost Stories!! Every day I will be posting a new ghost story! It ends after Halloween! I will not send out emails every day, don't worry! Thursday I will be posting a new ghost story and a review of Societe! Each day the stories will get scarier, so  you can come  back everyday for a daily dose of Halloween or come by on Halloween and catch up on the spookiness. Let's get started!!!

     The Legend of Mercy Brown
    It was the late 1800’s. Tuberculosis, or consumption as it was called then, was killing thousands. It was in Exeter, Rhode Island. George and Mary Brown had five children; their daughters Mary and Mercy, a son Edwin and two other children. Early in the 1880’s, the two Marys came down with consumption and died of the disease. Two years later, Edwin contracted the disease.
    Trying to help Edwin regain his health, George took him to Colorado. While Edwin appeared to be getting better, back in Exeter the rest of the family was suffering from the disease. Mercy died before George and Edwin got back from Colorado. Because Mercy had died in the dead of winter, her body was placed in an above ground crypt.
    Once back in Exeter, Edwin again fell into sickness. Then people started saying that they kept seeing Mercy wandering the graveyard or nearby farms. Edwin also claimed that one night he awoke to Mercy sitting on his chest and trying to draw the rest of the life out of him. Naturally, people assumed she was a vampire.
    With everyone talking about Mercy being a vampire, George was forced to take action. He and a physician ( with the rest of the town as an audience) dug up George’s wife and daughter and brought Mercy out of the crypt for examination.
    Both Marys were decomposing in their coffins. But to the townspeople’s awe, Mercy had not decomposed at all. In fact, she was even in a different position. Her skin was flush and her skin and nails were grown. Now positive that Mercy was a vampire, the physician cut open her chest and removed her organs, which were still dripping with liquid blood.
    They quickly burned her organs on a rock and, mixed with water, gave to Edwin to drink. Eating a vampire’s ashes was said to be the only way to end the death curse. However, Edwin still passed away several weeks later.
    Most people say that it was a lack of medical knowledge, and that people mistook the common things dead people do ( especially in winter) for supernatural activity. And the more superstitious say that on dark nights, you can still see Mercy Brown wandering the graveyard.